Somerset Apartments Closed Until Electrical Repairs Made

The occupants of six apartments that were damaged in Wednesday’s fire at a Marion apartment complex won’t be allowed back in their homes until electrical wiring is brought up to code.

The fire at the Somerset Apartments on Kem Road displaced the occupants of the six apartments, and then City Building Inspector Jerry Foustnight ordered that the apartments electrical wiring must be brought up to code before the occupants can return.

According to the “Chronicle-Tribune,” Foustnight ordered Indiana-Michigan Power to not turn the power back on at the apartments until the improvements are made.

In the meantime, the occupants of those apartments are staying elsewhere.