Gas City Fatal Fire Ruled Accidental

Fire officials in Gas City have ruled last weekend’s fire that killed two men was accidental in nature.

Fire investigators say the fire that killed 60-year old Douglas Simon and his 53-year old brother, Bruce, started early Saturday morning in the living room of their home on “G” Street and then spread.  Autopsies performed yesterday confirmed the men died of smoke inhalation and burns.  A dog also died in the fire.

Fire investigators say there were no working smoke detectors inside the Simons’ home.