Marion Garage Fire Injures 3 Residents

An early morning fire Tuesday heavily damaged the garage of a Marion residence and sent three persons to Marion General Hospital.

Firefighters were called to the home in the 11-hundred block of West Fifth Street just after 4:30 a-m and found flames inside the garage.  Three residents of the home said they were awakened by a smoke alarm and escaped.  One person was treated for minor burns and smoke inhalation while the other two occupants were treated for smoke inhalation.  All three were released after treatment.

Fire investigators determined the fire was electrical in nature due to a mechanical malfunction.