Apartment Fire Damages Three Units
by Sammy Edmonds
posted Dec 3 2013 3:16PM
A kitchen fire at a Marion apartment unit Sunday led to three residences suffering damage. Marion Assistant Fire Chief Tony Fox says an occupant of Providence Place on West Bradford Street was cooking with oil when it got too hot and ignited. The occupant tried to put out the flames with a coat, but the fire grew, triggering a sprinkler system to kick on.
No one was hurt in the fire. The apartment and two homes below the unit suffered significant water damage as a result.