Displaced Marion Resident Found Dead in Hotel Room
by Sammy Edmonds
posted Jan 29 2014 3:42PM
A Marion woman who had recently been displaced following a fire in her home was found dead inside her hotel room Monday. Grant County Coroner Stephen Dorsey says a housekeeper of Boarders, formerly Hotel Marion, found 34-year-old Heather Cropper lying unresponsive in the hotel bed just after 4pm Monday. Dorsey says toxicology results are pending but several prescribed and unmarked bottles of pills were found on the scene.
Cropper was provided shelter at the hotel following a grease fire at her apartment in the 700 block of River Drive last Thursday which resulted in significant water damage.
Dorsey says they believe she overdosed, but they’re not ruling out that her death may be related to her extensive medical history.