Marion Man Dies in House Fire
by Sammy Edmonds
posted Oct 21 2013 3:31PM
A Marion man has died in a house fire this (Sunday) afternoon. Grant County Coroner Stephen Dorsey pronounced 82-year-old David Fox dead just before 4 o’clock. Fire officials says a neighbor called 9-1-1 upon seeing flames coming from the home at 1201 East 29th Street just after 3:30. Fire-fighters arrived to the scene to find heavy smoke coming from a window, and quickly put out the flames.
Investigators learned from family members that Fox was known to smoke in bed and was smoking earlier today.
Fox had been bed-ridden under hospice care for some time and was unable to walk. Coroner Dorsey says Fox sustained third degree burns throughout his entire body.
An autopsy is scheduled for early this week.