Marion Reverts Back to 2013 Budget
by Sammy Edmonds
posted Oct 8 2013 2:04PM
The Marion City Council was unsuccessful in agreeing on a budget for 2014 last night, and as a result the city will revert back to this year’s budget, which Mayor Wayne Seybold says is feasible.
Seybold says although they will be operating with 100-thousand dollars less than proposed, he says it’s much better than operating with over one-million less, as was proposed last week.
Budget Committee Chairman Henry Smith says he’s also satisfied with reverting back to the 2013 budget, and also glad to be done with the process.