Local News

Looking for a news story from the WBAT News Team?  You can find them here.

Oven Utilized to Heat Home Causes House Fire

by Sammy Edmonds posted Oct 21 2013 3:20PM
A Marion home caught fire this (Thursday) morning injuring one person as a result of an oven being used to heat the home overnight.  Marion fire-fighters were called to the 3000 block of South McClure Street just before 8 o’clock.  The home’s occupant sustained first-degree burns to her arms but she refused medical assistance.
 
As it gets cooler at night, Marion Fire Captain Garr says it’s never a good idea to use an oven to heat your home.
 
Garr says damage from the fire was minor but it could have been much worse.
 
This week is National Fire Prevention Week and fire officials are reminding citizens of safety tips to prevent fires.
 
 
Filed Under :
People : Garr
10/21/2013 3:20PM
Oven Utilized to Heat Home Causes House Fire
Please Enter Your Comments Below
Title :
Comment :
On Air Now
VIP Club
Recent Posts
Riddle Convicted of Neglect in Arianna Carmack Death
Man Charged With Soliciting Sex From a Minor
Marion Elementaries Officially Redistricting
Marion Elementaries Officially Redistricting
MCS In Talks to Add Preschool Next Year
Tag Cloud
No Tags Found !
Blog Categories
Archives