The Marion High School Marching Giants are moving to the summer marching band competition circuit for the 2020 season.
With this change, the Marching Giants will compete in about the same number of contests, but over a shorter time period that begins earlier than the fall marching season. This will give more flexibility for students who wish to participate in other fall activities, including athletics.
Many North Central Conference schools already participate in the Central Indiana Track Show Association (CITSA) summer circuit, which culminates in the state competitions at Indiana State Fair Band Day and the ISSMA Summer Showcase.
The Giants’ 2020 marching competition schedule will be as follows:
· July 24 at Jay County High School
· July 25 at Muncie Central High School
· July 31 at Anderson High School
· Aug. 1 at Winchester High School
· Aug. 7: State Fair Band Day in Indianapolis
· Aug. 22: ISSMA Summer Showcase in Kokomo
The Marching Giants also plan to present their annual free Community Show on Aug. 6.