Fire officials in Gas City say foul play is not suspected in the fire that killed two brothers early Saturday.
Gas City fire officials say 60-year old Douglas Simon and his 53-year old brother, Bruce, died of apparent smoke inhalation and burns when fire swept through their two-story house at 100 West North “G” Street. Autopsies on the two men are scheduled for today in Fort Wayne. A dog also died in the fire.
The house was fully involved when Gas City firefighters arrived early Saturday morning. They believe the fire started in the living room and was accidental in nature. They say the home had no working smoke detectors.