Marion Community Schools’ network of wi-fi hotspots throughout our city, to which our students can connect with their school-issued devices, has expanded!
This project was made possible by a $1.1 million grant from the state of Indiana to increase students’ Internet access both for e-learning and for other school work.
The locations that now allow school-provided devices to access the Marion Community Schools wi-fi network, which is filtered for safe Internet access, are:
- Boys and Girls Club
- The Training Center
- Grant County Family YMCA
- REAL Covenant Community Church / Family Resource Center
- Prince Hall Apartments
- Stonecrest Manor
- Northgate Apartments
- Hunter Run Apartments
- Granton Place
- Green Tree Apartments
- Crest Lanes
- Parking lot access at the following school buildings:
- Allen Elementary
- Frances Slocum Elementary
- Kendall Elementary (front parking lot)
- Riverview Elementary (front parking lot)
- Justice Intermediate (north parking lot)
- McCulloch Intermediate (northeast parking lot)
- Marion High School (north and east parking lots
These hotspots can be accessed via school-provided devices 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and our Tech Department works diligently to keep this network up and running smoothly. Please note, however, that if a network issue occurs after hours or on the weekend, it may be unavailable for a time. If you run into consistent issues connecting, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will address it as quickly as possible.